Saturday, September 22, 2012

I've got a book on my nails

My favourite mani of all time. Newspaper nails!


For this, I used electric beat from ChinaGlaze and Isopropyl Alcohol from Guardian for the imprinting.

I watched lots of youtube videos for this and failed so many times. I tried so many methods, soaking the newspaper strips, soaking the nails (bad choice), dabbing the strips..the list is long.

Finally, i came out with a technique that works for me.

  • Paint your nails with your base colour first. Use grey if you want the real newspaper look. 
  • Cut up strips of newspaper or magazine paper. 
  • Once the nails are dry, place the strips words side down, on the nail bed. 
  • Soak a cotton pad with the alcohol and dab the alcohol onto the paper
  • Do not press so hard till the liquid spills all over the place. Just make sure that the paper is well soaked.  It is important to not let the paper shift when you press.
  • Remove everything and paint a top coat on. Done!!



There are also many videos on how to do these nails using water instead.

 I tried them too, but nothing imprinted . I don't know why. No worries though, the alcohol is easily found and cheap too. So far, i havent found it damaging at all.

1 comment:

  1. Omg it looks gorgeous! Thanks for letting me know about it! I'll definitely try it out sometime, looks so nice :D

    xx Renee

    ReplyDelete